My two take packed lunches to school / pre school. Typically these are a sandwich, wrap or crackers, a fruit squeezy, a yoghurt, a biscuit and a fruit smoothie to drink.
We’ve recently been trying the newly launched Vita Coco Kids in Apple & Blackcurrant and Pineapple & Mango flavour and they are getting a thumbs up from the Lancaster’s. As the weather is getting warmer the naturally fruit flavoured water is more thirst quenching than the usual smoothies, often they will ask for a second smoothie.
Mum says …
- They’re all natural, no added sugar, colouring, preservatives, flavourings or concentrates – I like this!
- There is less than half the sugar in the Vita Coco cartons than our usual smoothies – I like this!
- The kids thirst is quenched by one carton so they drink fewer – I like this!
- They cost less than the usual smoothies we buy – I like this!
- The kids like them – this I like the most!
1 head of pak choi, roughly chopped
125ml cold water
280ml coconut water
1tbsp ground raw flax seeds
1tsp spirulina / ‘supergreens’ powder
Simply whizz everything up in a blender & enjoy!