I am a Cheshire girl, almost born and bred. I was actually born in Buxton, my parents moved to Cheshire when I was two years old and 40 plus years later they are still living here and I am too.
I went to playgroup, primary school, high school and sixth form college in Cheshire. I went off to University in York, did some travelling, lived in London for a while and moved back to Cheshire over fifteen years ago. My children were born in Cheshire and we live in Wilmslow and we love it.
Here is why Cheshire is the perfect place to live:
- Cheshire gives the best quality of life balance. The quality of rural life combined with the convenience and opportunities of urban living. I mean who doesn’t like a Costa coffee before or after your Sunday morning walk?
- The rest of the UK and the World is close by – Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Chester are all within an hour of most places. There is really easy access to many regular, direct trains to Scotland, London and more, plus Manchester International Airport makes the world a smaller place.
- If you are a lover of the great outdoors then Cheshire is perfect for you. Beautiful woodlands for countryside walks with the family and furry friends – my personal favourite is to go up to The Edge at Alderley Edge.
- The coast and beaches aren’t far away at all either – Crosby beach, Formby beach, West Kirkby beach, Talacre beach and more beautiful beaches are within an hour of most places.
- Cheshire is home to the world’s largest ice cream parlour – seriously – it’s amazing! Read my review here.
- If you are looking to start or raise a family Cheshire is a great choice – there are many top performing state schools with affordable housing nearby means school fees can be reinvested and the proximity ot Manchester Airport may become even more important!
- You are spoilt for choice when it comes to fascinating local attractions for day trips and school trips – my favourites include Styal Mill, Tatton Park, Chester Zoo and Jodrell Bank.
Fancy making the move and join me living in Cheshire? Discover the latest new build homes in Cheshire by Laurus Homes Developments.
Main image credit: Smabs Sputzer